Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Molly had to pee (Want's somthing right away)

Molly had to pee. Oh great holly heck did she need a piss, just stop thinking about it and it will go away. Just stop thinking about it and it will go away. She was repeating this mantra to herself as she biked along, spectacularly not forgetting about the pressure, the constant rhythm of her pedal strokes jostling about the liquid. Don’t think about it, almost there, almost there. There was the café where her friend Juniper worked. What a silly name Juniper, I wonder why she doesn’t go by June. Why Haven’t I ever asked her, Hay! I forgot I had to- oh shoot. Almost there, almost there, one more block. They were going to meet up after June—no that just sounds silly—Juniper’s shift was over to go downtown and sit not-in-a-café-thank-you-very-much, and people watch. Off the bike even worse, gaaa why won’t this lock just work! Calm walk calmly, don’t let on, smiles to the little kid. “Hay-a Juniper,” with a smile as she closed the door behind her. It was a warm little café, only a couple of small round tables soft cream walls, décor was mostly art nouveau. There were big soft wing-backed chairs in a bay window, and the espresso machine was a large brass contraption with a manual as thick as a book. It was all very Parisian, and usually Molly would take a moment to soak it all up when she stepped in the door, but right now all she could see was the bathroom at the back. Occupied! Uhoh uhoh uhoh. She walked casually up to the counter and gave Juniper a little over the counter hug, “How’s the shift, Rany Andy drop by.” She watched junipers mouth and hands moving, but didn’t comprehend what she was saying, leaning on the counter was only making it worse, she was sure it was about to come out either way. “…And so I told him to just stop by, don’t you just love it when the world does things like that.” Who to stop by where? The little old lady was out of the can, whew. “Hold that thought I’ll be right back.” It was about to be over and done, a silent epic no one would ever know, the shop bell tinkled. The first half of Juniper’s sentence was dug up from the archives in a fit of nervous freakout, “So you know that guy you pointed out, you know the one from your work? Ok, so I was waiting for my bus last night and this guy grabs my arm, and I almost—well it turns out it was Ben, he lives right around the corner form here and we were talking about you, he seems really nice, he wanted me to give you a message but I said you were going to be here this afternoon…” Ben was just about Molly’s ideal mate, they had sporadic one sentence conversations at work which usually left her feeling just a little flustered, but in a good way. “Hi Molly, glad I caught you, I uh…do you want to sit down?” NO! “Yeah, ok June mind bringing me a…” just the thought of liquid was painful “…a scone, and a…?”“Anything warm” man what a smile. She was sure she was about to go right there warm streams trickling down her paint legs, just excuse yourself he’ll understand. She opened her mouth to speak but he pulled out a chair and offered it, seriously did he just is that weird or nice, oh what terrible timing. He smiled at her, now what she couldn’t just turn heel to the bathroom but she was about to loose it right there, Gaaa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment